The widow Lydia Leister bought her small 9-acre Taneytown Road farm just south of Gettysburg in 1861. Her hard work quickly made the farm self-sufficient. At the outbreak of the Battle of Gettysburg, July 1-3, 1863, commanding Union Army General George Gordon Meade commandeered the farm to serve as his headquarters due to its centrally located position. Following the Battle of Gettysburg Lydia returned home to find her small house damaged from Confederate artillery that preceded Pickett’s Charge and the orchards, crops and spring well ruined from decaying horses. Determined, Lydia, with her children, soon rebuilt her homestead.
- Replica building hand-crafted in the USA
- 1:87 scale replica (HO scale)
- Allow 8-10 weeks for delivery